Day 335 – You may be already done with your holiday shopping. Or you haven’t even started. Whatever the case may be, it’s always a great idea to purchase gifts that will help people and the environment. Not only will you feel good giving special gifts to family and friends, but you can feel good that your gift will have a positive impact on the planet.
Here are 15 ideas from posts that I have written this year.
- Day 21 – Blueland – eco-friendly cleaning products
- Day 152 – Eco-friendly Toys
- Day 164 – Sustainable Phone Cases
- Day 178 – Eco-friendly Sunglasses
- Day 193 – Clothing made from recycled plastic
- Day 199 – Zero Waste Makeup Brands
- Day 205 – Igloo EcoCoolers
- Day 237 – Eco-friendly Yoga Mats
- Day 240 – Looptworks – Upcycled gifts
- Day 257 – Lost Golf Balls – used and recycled golf balls
- Day 272 – Sustainable Pet Products
- Day 293 – Green Goo – Skin care derived from plants
- Day 300 – EcoSports – Eco-friendly sporting equipment
- Day 324 – Rumpl – Eco-friendly blankets
- Day 327 – MC Squares – reusable sticky notes
Other great options include:
- Earth Hero – variety of Earth-friendly gifts
- UNICEF Market
- Certified B Corporation gift guide
- Creative Chicago Reuse Exchange – gifts for the artists in your life
- 4Ocean – gifts that help clean the oceans
- Gift card to commercial composting service
- Climate Pledge Products on Amazon
One more list to help you out:
20 Awesome Holiday Gifts that Help the Planet
Tomorrow, giving a gift donation.
Day 293 – I came across Green Goo while researching environmentally friendly products. They seemed like a pretty cool company. They make hand sanitizers, skin care products, deodorant, soap, lotions, saves and even products for your pet. Green Goo has taken out the harmful chemicals and replaced them with organic, natural and safe ingredients. They are a women owned business, cruelty free, gluten free, made in the USA, and are a B-Corporation. They are one of those companies you can feel good about supporting.
Not only is Green Goo putting out a variety of good products they are also doing good in the world.
- They are proud to donate $.05 of all deodorant sales to The Keep A Breast Foundation, in support of their breast cancer education and awareness programs.
- They proudly donate 1% of the annual sales of our Belly Balm and Nursing Comfort salves to support the incredible efforts of Mercy in Action.
- In support of their partnership with 1% for the Planet, they are proud to donate 1% of the annual sales of their Animal First Aid salve to select animal charities and aid organizations.
- They are proud to donate 1% of the annual sales of their First Aid salves to PARSA (Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Support for Afghanistan).
- They proudly donate 1% of the purchase price of their Foot Care salve to support the diligent work of the PCTA (Pacific Crest Trail Association).
- They are proud to donate 1% of the annual sales of their Baby Balm and Children’s First Aid salves to World Vision, in support of their Mother and Child Health Fund. Additionally, for every pair of sunglasses sold, Green Goo donates a pair to World Vision.
Green Goo is one of those companies that needs to be applauded, celebrated and supported. They put people and planet first.
Tomorrow, biodegradable gloves.