Day 336 – Finding the perfect gift during the holiday season can be a challenging task. Being able to help a worthy cause would make a great gift. Here are some amazing organizations in the world that will take your donation dollars and do the most good.
Here is a list of 10 organizations, along with their Charity Navigator rating and mission statement.
- The Conservation Fund (90.94/100) – The Conservation Fund, working with public, private and nonprofit partners, protects America’s legacy of land and water resources through land acquisition, sustainable community and economic development, and leadership training, emphasizing the integration of economic and environmental goals.
- Waterkeeper Alliance (92.61/100) – Waterkeeper Alliance holds polluters accountable. We’re the largest and fastest-growing nonprofit solely focused on clean water. We preserve and protect water by connecting and mobilizing more than 300 local Waterkeeper groups worldwide.
- Ocean Conservancy (94.13/100) – Ocean Conservancy is working with you to protect the ocean from today’s greatest global challenges. Together, we create science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
- Amazon Conservation Association (95.14/100) – Our Mission is to unite science, innovation, and people to protect the western Amazon – the greatest wild forest on Earth.
- Wildlife Conservation Society (94.50/100) – WCS uses science to discover and understand the natural world. This knowledge helps us engage and inspire decision-makers, communities, and millions of supporters to take action with us to protect the wildlife and wild places we all care about.
- American Bird Conservancy (94.26/100) – American Bird Conservancy is dedicated to conserving wild birds and their habitats throughout the Americas.
- Natural Resource Defense Council (96.11/100) – We combine the power of more than three million members and online activists with the expertise of some 700 scientists, lawyers, and policy advocates across the globe to ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild.
- The Sierra Club Foundation (95.87/100) – The Sierra Club Foundation promotes climate solutions, conservation, and movement building through a powerful combination of strategic philanthropy and grassroots advocacy. The Foundation is the independent fiscal sponsor of Sierra Club’s charitable environmental programs.
- Environmental Defense Fund (86.78/100) – We take on climate change and other grave threats by identifying what’s most urgent and where we can make the most difference.
- National Park Conservation Association (85.62/100) – We’re protecting and enhancing America’s National Park System for present and future generations.
So many options to give a gift that helps the planet.
Tomorrow. ideas for upcycled gifts.