They provide services that will help salons do the following:
- Recycle and repurpose up to 95% of your salon’s beauty waste including hair clippings, used foils, color tubes, excess hair color and more.
- 84% of salon guests care about a salon’s environmental impact. Grow your business while being an industry leader and making a difference.
- Get help setting up a simple revenue-building program that supports environmental sustainability as well as financial sustainability.
- Use additional revenue to invest in environmentally friendly technologies, which conserves energy, reduces waste, and saves you more money.
You may not think about the waste produced by hair salons, but it is substantial.
- 63,000 pounds of hair gets thrown away every day.
- Over 42,000 pounds of excess hair color, lightener and toner is thrown away every day. When rinsed down the drain, it can find its way back into our drinking water and soil.
- Over 110,000 pounds of used metal, including hair foils, is thrown away every day in salons in North America.
- Single use items – like nail files, waxing strips and cotton swabs – make up a large portion of beauty waste that ends up in our landfills.
- More than half the waste thrown away in salons is paper and plastic. If not properly recycled, these items clutter our landfills.
Since 2009, Green Circle Salons have been able to keep close to 8 million pounds of beauty waste from entering the landfill.
To find a salon that is putting the environment first, click HERE.
Tomorrow, a sustainability expo coming your way.