Day 242 – Who is Seven Generations Ahead?
“SGA works with local government, community and private sector leaders to help communities make the changes they need to build a healthy and sustainable future. Through community-wide sustainability planning and implementation, project design and implementation, educational conferences and forums, community network development, consulting, and programs, SGA is a catalyst for local community solutions to global environmental issues. SGA’s work covers a broad range of sustainability topic areas, including: energy efficiency and renewable energy; transportation; healthy community development; waste reduction; water conservation; green business; procurement; local, sustainable food; healthy eating; open space and ecosystem enhancement; and sustainability education.” – Seven Generations Ahead
Seven Generations Ahead works with various networks, in order to achieve sustainability and healthy communities.
- PlanItGreen is the sustainability plan for the communities of Oak Park and River Forest, Illinois.
- The Fox Valley Sustainability Network (FVSN) brings together the public and private sectors from around the Fox Valley to cut across boundaries and create a healthy, sustainable and vibrant Fox Valley.
- GreenTown conferences are the best way to work with community stakeholders, civic leaders and passionate citizens to jump start a network.
- The Illinois Food Scrap Coalition (IFSC) grew out of a one-year food scrap composting forum planning process to support research, programs, education and policy initiatives.
- The Wasted Food Action Alliance (WFAA) aims to develop a working strategy and action platform that makes Illinois a leader in reducing wasted food through collaboration, education, and policy.
Seven Generations Ahead (SGA) works with schools, businesses, institutions, and municipalities to provide support for all steps along a path to zero waste from planning to implementation.
Seven Generations Ahead created the Illinois Farm to School Network (IFSN).
“IFSN is comprised of teachers, early care providers, food service staff, farmers, students, and others who are working to change food purchasing and education practices in their communities. The network provides training, connects partners, and shares resources about all aspects of farm to school– including local food sourcing, hands-on nutrition education, and school gardening.” – SGA
Seven Generations Ahead also created a project called It’s Our Future. The project will equip young leaders in Oak Park/River Forest to advocate for climate change solutions that benefit all members of our community.
Seven Generations Ahead is an amazing resource for any community. They are committed to building a healthy and sustainable future for us all.
Tomorrow, a company that will recycle your batteries, for a fee.