Day 207 – It may sound counterproductive to write about plasticware, especially during Plastic Free July. However, Preserve is not your typical plasticware. Preserve has been making products good for people and the planet since 1996.
Here are just a few of the ways Preserve is making a difference:
- Preserve’s plastic products are made from 100% recycled plastic.
- Preserve’s plastic products are dishwasher safe and made to last.
- Preserve’s products are made in the U.S.
- Preserve has a line of 100% compostable items that are plant based and gluten free.
- Preserve has a take back program called Gimme 5, which collects #5 plastic that they transform into new Preserve products.
- Preserve even takes back their own products that reach the end of their life. They then recycle and create new products from those items.
- Preserve is a Certified B Corporation.
- Preserve makes a line of products made from ocean plastic. Through sales of our POPi products, they support organizations that prevent plastic from reaching the ocean. 25% of proceeds from POPi products are donated to non-profits that work on issues including:
- Developing better recycling systems around the world.
- Researching the effects of plastic in the ocean and on marine life.
- Creating catchment technologies (ways to trap plastic in waterways before it reaches the ocean).
- Providing better end of life solutions for recovered and recycled packages that were heading for the ocean.
I recently purchased the On the Go Party Set (currently sold out) and couldn’t be happier with the product. The plates, cups and plasticware will be used for countless parties to come.
Tomorrow, fun at the beach is becoming more environmentally friendly.