Day 204 – When I open my kitchen drawers and cabinets, there are numerous plastic spoons, plastic spatulas, plastic cups and plastic bowls. It’s not the most environmentally friendly kitchen. I am working toward moving out the plastic and replacing it with more sustainable options. However, there is no reason to get rid of perfectly good kitchenware, just to replace it. So, until these items become useless, they will continue to be found in my drawers and cabinets.
For those ready to make a change, here are a few options.
- Ultimate Green Store has drinking glasses made from recycled glass, bamboo spoons and spatulas, and stainless steel pots and pans.
- Eco Lunchbox sells a variety of stainless steel containers, bowls and cups, along with bamboo utensils. Eco Lunchbox is a B Corporation and a member of the California Green Business Network. They also offer plastic free shipping.
- Lodge Cast Iron’s pots and pans are handcrafted in the USA. All cookware comes in recycled and biodegradable packaging, and Lodge tracks company-wide energy conservation and recycling programs.
- U-Konserve offers stainless steel containers, cups, water bottles and straws. They also offer a variety of bamboo items. U-Konserve is a B Corporation and a 1% for the Planet member.
- Prestige is a UK based company. Their Eco line of pots and pans are all made of recycled aluminum. The pans are the first of their kind to be treated with a natural, plant-based nonstick coating. All products are manufactured in Italy and are dishwasher and oven safe.
There are so many other companies out there helping make your kitchen plastic free. Be sure to seek them out.
Tomorrow, very cool coolers.