Day 199 – Those who know me, know I am not big on wearing makeup. However, I do have my moments and I know plenty of people that wear makeup quite often. So, I thought today’s post would be helpful.
Here are just a few brands that have gone plastic and waste free.
- Elate Cosmetics – All products are Cruelty-free International certified, PETA certified vegan, and gluten free. This Canadian company lies at the heart of the “conscious beauty movement” that prioritizes ethical sourcing of their ingredients. They offer zero waste beauty products (including compacts, tools, and palates) that are made of or housed in reusable bamboo. These can then be easily refilled with new product that comes in a seed paper pouch. Just refill your palate then wet the pouch and plant it in your garden to grow herbs and wildflowers.
- Clean Faced Cosmetics – They are based in Michigan and make custom made-to-order zero waste beauty products that are palm-oil free, vegan, cruelty-free and as organic as possible. Their products come in reusable metal tins, or you can use containers you already have and order a refill packaged in biodegradable cello bags. Currently, all product packaging is either biodegradable or reusable.
- Fat and the Moon – All products are hand-made fresh to order using “plants that are abundant, ethically harvested and organically cultivated and combine them in formulations that are radically non-toxic”. All ingredients are cruelty-free and ethically sourced, every single product comes in reusable tins and all are shipped without extra unneeded packaging. Fat and the Moon is a women owned and run business. They also support various charities and causes in their community.
- River Organics – Their makeups are formulated using only organic oils and butters, like Cacao butter, Mango seed butter, Macadamia Nut oil, and Coconut oil. Everything is vegan, cruelty-free, and palm-oil free, and of course packed in compostable cardboard tubes. Based in North Carolina, husband and wife duo Corinne and Fabian handcraft every single one of their products.
- Nudi Goods – Nudi uses only natural and non-toxic ingredients that are cruelty-free and palm-oil free. They prefer to support smaller suppliers that still adhere to organic practices but maybe just can’t afford to pay for the official certification.
A few others you may want to check out include; RMS, Zao and Ilia and Principle Beauty.
Not only will these brands make you feel and look good, but they will help the planet feel and look good, too!
Tomorrow, a very popular doll is getting a makeover.
One thought on “Zero Waste Makeup Brands”