Day 164 – Our household was in need of a couple new phone cases. There were numerous options for environmentally friendly phone cases. We decided to go with Pela.
Here are a few of the reasons we decided to purchase Pela phone cases.
- Their cases are 100% compostable. They will completely break down in 3 to 6 months, in proper composting conditions.
- They are Climate Neutral Certified. They offset and reduce all of their greenhouse gas emissions.
- They are a certified B-Corporation. B-Corporations have met the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
- They are a member of 1% for the Planet. They take 1% of their profits and donate to environmental organizations.
- Pela’s 360 program will take your old phone case (from another brand) for FREE to recycle or upcycle it for you and if it’s an old Pela case, they’ll upcycle it into a new Pela product or compost it for you.
- Pela offers a Screen Protection Guarantee Policy on almost all of their phone cases.
Pela also has Habitat, which offers a line of plastic free personal hygiene products. They also created Lomi, a countertop composter. Pela has a line of plastic free pet care products called Barxby. They also have a line of compostable sunglasses and blue light glasses, Pela Vision.
If you end up switching to a more sustainable phone case and the company does not offer to recycle your old case, be sure to check out TerraCycle’s PopSockets Recycling Program. Through this program you can recycle phone cases. You can also drop off your old phone cases at the Northcenter Neighborhood Association’s Recycle Popup. Our next popup is on June 19th.
We look forward to the arrival of our new environmentally friendly phone cases. They should be arriving any day!
Tomorrow, our first farmer’s market experience.
One thought on “Sustainable Phone Cases”