Day 81 – I have not written a post solely on water bottles. Though, I know they have been mentioned in various posts. I have shared the importance of choosing reusable water bottles over single use plastic water bottles. Today, I wanted to let you know about my very last purchase of plastic water bottles.
This past Christmas, I was on a mission to include some gifts for the family that could be beneficial to the planet and maybe even help others. Even though we have our fair share of reusable water bottles in the house, I was very interested in the Fill It Forward, Cupanion bottle.
- They were similar in size to regular store bought water bottles (they also offer metal bottles). Which, I thought would be great when it came to packing water for a day trip. Our reusable water bottles are pretty large and take up a lot of space in a cooler bag. Not to mention, no one ever seems to want to carry it around.
- Your bottle comes with a sticker that has a barcode. When you fill your bottle, you can scan the barcode with the Fill It Forward app. With every bottle of water you drink, using their reusable bottle, they contribute to their charitable partners that specialize in creating sustainable solutions that help bring clean water and nutritious food to people in need.
- They are also a B-Corporation.
So, I ordered the 4 pack and the kids got to drinking and scanning. Fill It Forward not only promotes reusable bottles and encourages people to stop using single use water bottles, but they are also helping people in need.
Fill it Forward has partnered with the following organizations:
- Water Aid has teams in 35 countries, changing millions of lives every year with clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene.
- Charity Water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries.
- DIGDEEP is a non-profit organization working to ensure that every American has clean, running water.
- Water First is dedicated to working with First Nations communities to resolve local water challenges through education, training and collaboration.
- Wine to Water is a non-profit organization committed to supporting life and dignity for all through the power of clean water.
- Second Harvest is one of the largest food rescue charities with a dual mission of environmental protection and hunger relief.
To date, Fill it Forward has 5,063,954 total reuses and has been able to fund 277 projects through their partnerships. They have also prevented 19,867 pounds of ocean pollution, diverted 176.316 pounds of waste and saved 2,069,528 pounds of emissions.
So, on this World Water Day, consider supporting a company that is doing their part to keep plastic out of our oceans and provide clean drinking water to those in need.