Day 32 – We have quite a few DVDs that are not needed anymore. So, I was on the search for ideas on how to part with a few titles. After a little research, I found a few suggestions.
- Resell – I guess there is still a market for used DVDs and plenty of online options to sell.
- Donate – Check with local library, thrift store or charity.
- Repurpose – Get crafty and use the old DVDs and CDs in your next DIY project.
I decided to look for a charity or good cause. I came across DVDs to the Troops.
So, I’ll be shipping my DVDs to the troops and I encourage you to do the same. I’m also going to use the month of February to collect DVDs. Feel free to drop off your old DVDs inside my front door. If you would also like to include a couple dollars for shipping that would be greatly appreciated!
Here are a few guidelines:
- No bootlegs, no burned DVDs, no workout videos, no corporate training videos.
- DVDs DO NOT need to be in original cases/packaging.
- They do not accept CDs and VHS.
If you would like to send your DVDs on your own, here is the information:
ADDRESS – Dorothy Washington / 442 AG Company (BAF)/ APO, AE 09354
SHIPPING FORM – Media Mail from the USPS seems to be most efficient and cost effective way to ship- APO addresses receive an automatic discount. Fill it out online & print before going to USPS to save time.
If you’re sending on your own, be sure to include a little note. The troops really enjoy the DVDs and appreciate the well wishes.
Tomorrow, getting the low down on microplastics.